THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO EXEDE BY VIASAT - WATCH FOR NEW AGREEMENT COMING SOON!
WELCOME TO Exede! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you affordable, reliable high-speed Internet access.
We look forward to you becoming a new Exede customer.
This Agreement describes the terms and conditions between you and Exede Communications, Inc. (“Exede,” “Us” or “We”) applicable to Exede’s Service. Please note that if you receive your bill for Exede Service from a third party, the terms of your customer agreement and contact information will be different than shown in this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully since it contains important contract rights and obligations between you and Exede, as well as important limitations on those rights. If you would like to contact us, you may call 866-Exede (866-945-3258) or write to:
|P.O. Box 4427|
|Englewood, CO 80155|
|Attention: Customer Care|
Minimum Service Commitment. All Exede service plans require a minimum service term (“Minimum Service Term”). Please check your applicable service plan for the length of your Minimum Service Term. If you terminate service prior to the expiration of the Minimum Service Term, you will owe (and your credit card, debit card, or bank account may be charged) the Termination Fee as described below. You may not downgrade your service plan to a lower service package until 30 days after activation of your Exede Service.
Term and Renewal. The term of this Agreement commences on the date your Service is activated and continues for the duration of the Minimum Service Term unless terminated earlier by you or Exede in accordance with this Agreement. After the Minimum Service Term expires, the term of this Agreement will automatically renew on a month-to-month basis until terminated by you or Exede in accordance with this Agreement.
Termination Fees. If you cancel the Service before completion of the Minimum Service Term, you will be charged a Termination Fee equal to the number of months left in your Minimum Service Term multiplied by your base monthly fee. You are not required to return, and Exede is not obligated to de-install, the Exede Equipment.
This Agreement has four pages and also incorporates Exede’s Fair Access Policy and Acceptable Use Policy, and the terms of your service plan. You acknowledge that you have received, read, understand and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions set forth on each of the four pages of this Agreement, your service plan and Exede’s Fair Access Policy and Acceptable Use Policy, as each of these documents may be updated from time to time, as posted on help.Exede.net.
If you did not receive Sections 1 through 8 of this Agreement, DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT.
|Print Customer Name:|| |
|Street Address:|| |
Terms and Conditions
1. The Service.
- 1.1 Description. The Service consists of a satellite-based Internet access service as further described in this Agreement (the “Service”). Service is in available locations in the contiguous U.S. with an unobstructed view of the southern sky and its usage is subject to Exede’s Fair Access and Acceptable Use Policies. In order to receive the Service, you must purchase the equipment designated by Exede (“Exede Equipment”) from Exede or an authorized distributor of Exede. Only a Exede-authorized installer may install the Exede Equipment in your residence.
- 1.2. Minimum System Requirements. Your computer must meet certain minimum requirements to receive the Service as set forth on our website, www.Exede.com/aboutExede/qaa.jsp#1_6. It is your responsibility, at your expense, to obtain, maintain, and operate suitable and fully compatible computer equipment required to access the Service. You are also responsible for all telephone charges incurred in connection with using the Service, if you access the Internet using our dial-up Internet access service.
2. Who May Use The Service? - Responsibility And Supervision.
- 2.1 Age and Account Set-Up. You represent that the Service will be installed and used solely in your residence and not in any commercial, retail or other business location (other than a home office in your residence). You represent that you are at least 18 years of age. You agree that you are responsible for obtaining installation services for the Exede Equipment from a Exede-authorized installer and for verifying and maintaining the account, options, settings and other parameters under which the Service is used, including (without limitation) all related passwords and user identification information.
2.2 Multiple Use of Account. Up to three computers in your residence and up to six family members who permanently reside in your household may receive Exede Services under a single billing account. For Select and Pro Service plans, up to eight computers in your residence may receive Services under a single billing account. Your “household” is limited to the single address where you reside and where the Service is initially installed. It does not include adjacent apartments, residences, offices or any type of space not physically associated with your address. Any use of the Services other than as specified above constitutes an unlawful and unauthorized use of the Service and a material breach of this Agreement, regardless of whether you receive any compensation for such use, and may result in the immediate termination of the Services and the imposition of the Termination Fee, without prejudice to any rights and remedies available to Exede under this Agreement, at law and at equity.
2.3 Installation of Equipment. You represent that there are no legal, contractual or similar restrictions on the installation of the Exede Equipment in location(s) you have authorized. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with all applicable building codes, zoning ordinances, homeowners’ association rules, covenants, conditions, and restrictions related to services provided under this Agreement, to pay any fees or other charges, and obtain any permits or authorizations necessary for services provided under this agreement (collectively "Legal Requirements"). You are solely responsible for any fines or similar charges for service in violation of any applicable Legal Requirements. You acknowledge and agree that Exede or our designated service provider will be required to access your premises or system and to install and maintain the Exede Equipment, including the antenna and its components, necessary for you to receive the Service inside and outside your home. This will include attaching a satellite modem to your computer, installing software on your computer and configuring your computer for optimized performance of the Service. By signing this Agreement, scheduling a service or installation visit, and permitting us or our service provider to enter your home, you are authorizing Exede or our service provider to perform all of the above actions. NEITHER Exede NOR OUR SERVICE PROVIDER SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSSES RESULTING FROM INSTALLATION, REPAIR OR OTHER SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE TO YOUR PREMISES, LOSS OF SOFTWARE, DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION FROM YOUR COMPUTER. You are responsible for backing up the data on your computer and we highly recommend that you do so prior to permitting access to us or one of our designated service providers. This limitation does not apply to any damages arising from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of any installation or maintenance service provider. Timeframes for installation, if any, are not guaranteed and may vary depending on the types of services requested and other factors.
- 2.4 Subscriber Responsibility. You agree that you are responsible for all access to and use of the Service through your account or password(s) and for any fees incurred for Service, or for software or other merchandise purchased through the Service, or any other expenses incurred in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge that you are aware that areas accessible on or through the Service may contain material that is unsuitable for minors (persons under 18 years of age). You agree to supervise usage of the Service by minors who use the Service through your account. You ratify and confirm any obligations a minor using your account incurs or assumes and any promises or permissions such minor makes or gives. You acknowledge that an owner’s manual or similar material was provided to you at the time of installation of your Exede Equipment and that you have read and understand the manual and all product warnings contained in the manual
3. Fees and Payment.
- 3.1 Fees, Taxes and Other Charges.
- (a) Commencement And Duration Of Monthly Fees. You acknowledge that (subject to any exceptions granted by us) a monthly fee payable in advance will apply for each and every month (or portion of a month) that you are a subscriber, beginning with the date your Service is activated. Your account will continue until you cancel the account in accordance with the method or methods specified by us (unless otherwise terminated in accordance with this Agreement). As stated above, you may cancel your account at any time, subject to payment of the Termination Fees, if applicable. The monthly subscription fee shall cease to apply for any months after the billing month in which you cancel or terminate your account in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- (b) Billing and Charges. You agree to pay, in accordance with the provisions of the billing option you selected, any registration, activation or monthly fees, ISP service charges, minimum charges and other amounts charged to or incurred by you, or by users of your account, at the rates in effect at the start of the billing period in which those amounts are charged or incurred. You agree to pay all applicable taxes related to your use of the Service, provision of services, software or hardware or the use of the Service by users of your account. Information on charges and surcharges (if any) that are to be paid to us and are incurred by you or by users of your account will be made available to you on the Exede website, and you agree that this is sufficient notice for all purposes as to charges incurred and paid or to be paid to us. You understand and agree that you will not receive a paper statement in the mail for your Service. Additional terms relating to pricing, billing and payment which are an integral part of this Agreement are set forth and available on the Exede website, www.Exede.com/forYourHome/index.jsp, and are incorporated into this Agreement. Exede reserves the right to correct and charge under-billed amounts for a period of 90 days after the incorrect statement was issued. Payment of the outstanding balance is due in full each month.
- (c) Late Payment. If your payment is not received by us before the next statement is issued, you may be charged a late fee on the delinquent balance at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law. If we do not receive payment from you before your next statement is issued, we have the right to suspend your Service or terminate this Agreement without notice. Termination of the Agreement by us due to your default or nonpayment will result in a Termination Fee owed by you.
- 3.2 Payment Authorization. Except where additional methods of payment are specifically required or permitted under applicable law or regulation or as otherwise agreed to by Exede from time to time, you agree that Exede can charge your credit card or debit card (“Card Payment”), or initiate an electronic funds transfer out of your bank account (“EFT Payment”) for payment of all Service fees, the Termination Fee or any other amounts payable under this Agreement. Additionally, you agree that Exede will bill your monthly Service fee in advance, and such Service fee will automatically be collected through either a Card Payment or EFT Payment. With respect to such charges the following authorization applies: You authorize automatic Card Payments or EFT Payments by Exede. You agree that the charges described above will be billed to the credit or debit card provided by you when you applied for the Service until such time as you may authorize recurring EFT Payments. You must provide current, complete, and accurate information for your billing account, and promptly update any changes (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, credit card expiration date, bank account number). Changes to such information can be made by calling Exede Customer Care . If you fail to provide us with any of the foregoing information, you agree that Exede may continue charging you for any service provided under your account. If we are unable to process your credit or debit card at any time, your account may be immediately suspended or terminated and you will remain responsible for all amounts payable by you to us. Your card issuer agreement governs use of your credit or debit card payment in connection with this Service and you must refer to that agreement with respect to your rights and liabilities as a cardholder. If we do not receive payment from your credit or debit card issuer or its agent, you agree to pay us all amounts due upon demand by us. You agree that Exede will not be responsible for any expenses that you may incur resulting from overdrawing your bank account or exceeding your credit limit as a result of an automatic charge made under this Agreement. Credit card payment is not required for residents of States where payment by credit cards may not be made mandatory.
- 3.3 Disputes and Partial Payments. If you think a charge is incorrect or you need more information on any charges applied to your account, you should contact our billing department. You must contact us within 45 days of receiving the statement on which the error or problem appeared. Exede will make available to you a statement for each billing cycle showing payments, credit purchases and other charges. Exede will not pay you interest on any overcharged amounts later refunded or credited to you. We may, but are not required to, accept partial payments from you. If partial payments are made, they will be applied to amounts owed by you starting with the oldest outstanding statement. If you send us checks or money orders marked "payment in full" or otherwise labeled with a similar restrictive endorsement, we can, but are not required to, accept them, without losing any of our rights to collect all amounts owed by you under this Agreement. If we choose to use any collection agency or attorney to collect money that you owe us or to assert any other right that we may have against you, you agree to pay the reasonable costs of collection or other action including, but not limited to, the costs of a collection agency, reasonable attorney's fees, and court costs.
- 3.4 Suspension. If your Service is suspended for any reason, including at your request or because of your failure to pay past due amounts, you will be charged a monthly fee at the then-current rate (set forth on Exede.net) for each month your Service is suspended.
- 3.5 Reactivation. To reactivate suspended Service, you must bring your account up to date through the month of reactivation by making payment in full of any outstanding balance, fees and other applicable charges. In addition, we may require a deposit before reactivating your Service. The amount of the deposit will not exceed one year of monthly fees. Amounts deposited by you will appear on your statement as a credit, and service charges and other fees will be invoiced as described above. If you fail to pay any amount on a subsequent bill, the unpaid amount will be deducted each billing cycle from the credit amount. Credit amounts shall not earn or accrue interest.
- 3.6 Credit Inquiries and Reporting. You authorize us to make inquiries and to receive information about your credit experience from others, including credit reporting agencies, enter this information in your file and disclose this information concerning you to appropriate third parties for reasonable business purposes. In the case of late payment or non-payment for any of the Services ordered by you or any other charges, you understand and agree that we may report such late payment or non-payment to the appropriate credit reporting agencies.
4. Modifications, Rights of Cancellation or Suspension.
- 4.1 Modification of this Agreement. Upon notice published over the Service, we may at any time (and from time to time) modify this Agreement, including, without limitation, our pricing and billing terms. We may, but are not required to, notify you by e-mail, online via one or more of the websites within the Service or other electronic notice. If you do not agree to such changes or additions, then you must terminate this Agreement in accordance with Section 4.3 and stop using the Service prior to the effective date of such modifications. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of such modifications constitutes your acceptance of such modifications. If a change results in an increase of the monthly fee by more than 25%, however, you may terminate your Service, without incurring any Termination Fee, by calling us within 30 days after the first statement reflecting such changes is issued.
- 4.3 Termination by Subscriber. Subject to your payment of the Termination Fee and the fee for Services for the full billing cycle in which termination occurred, you may immediately terminate this Agreement and discontinue the Service at any time upon written or telephone notice to us. You must terminate this Agreement in accordance with its terms; failure to do so may delay or prevent us from knowing that a termination was intended. You will continue to be liable under this Agreement for all fees and charges until such time as the Agreement has been properly terminated or we have acknowledged such termination in writing or by e-mail.
- 4.4 Termination or Suspension by Exede. We may immediately terminate your Service and this Agreement if you or a user of your account breaches this Agreement. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to terminate your account and this Agreement at any time or to suspend (with or without notice) or terminate access to or use of the Service, in whole or in part.
- 4.5 Post-Termination or Suspension Obligations. Notwithstanding any cancellation or termination of this Agreement or any of your accounts, nor any suspension or termination of access to or use of the Service, you will remain responsible for all payment and other obligations under this Agreement, including the obligation to pay all charges that may be due as a result of or in connection with such cancellation, termination or suspension. Your payment and other obligations under this Agreement are not suspended or affected by a suspension of access to or use of the Service, in whole or in part, due to a violation (actual, threatened, or alleged) of this Agreement or of any law or legal obligation by you or any user of your account.
5. Permitted Use And Restrictions On Use.
- 5.1 Software License. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Exede grants to you a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and nontransferable license to use and display the software provided by or on behalf of Exede (including any updates) only for the purpose of accessing the Service ("Software") on any machine(s) on which you are the primary user or which you authorize to use. Unauthorized copying of the Software, including software that has been modified, merged or included with the Software, or the written materials associated therewith is expressly forbidden. You may not sublicense, assign, or transfer this license or the Software except as permitted in writing by Exede. Any attempt to sublicense, assign or transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations under this license is void and may result in termination by Exede of this Agreement and the license. You agree that you shall not copy or duplicate or permit anyone else to copy or duplicate, any part of the Software, or create or attempt to create, or permit others to create or attempt to create, by reverse engineering or otherwise, the source programs or any part thereof from the object programs or from other information made available under this Agreement.
- 5.2 Restrictions On Use Of The Service. Exede reserves the right to terminate immediately the Service and this Agreement if you knowingly or otherwise engage in any prohibited activity or if you use the Exede Equipment or Service in a way which is contrary to any Exede policy or any policy of a Exede supplier. You must strictly adhere to any policy set forth by another service provider accessed through the Service. You agree to comply with Exede’s Acceptable Use and Fair Access Policies located at www.Exede.com/legal/acceptable_use_policy.jsp and www.Exede.com/legal/fair.jsp, both of which are incorporated into and made a part of this Agreement. You do not own, nor have any rights other than those expressly granted to you, to a particular IP address, even if you have ordered a static IP address.
- 5.3 Fair Access Policy. If your usage exceeds the limits set forth in the Fair Access Policy, we may reduce the bandwidth available to you on a temporary basis. Continued violation of the Fair Access Policy is a breach of this Agreement by you and will result in the termination of this Agreement. Exede Internet access is not guaranteed. The terms of this policy apply to all service plans, including Value, Select and Pro and any other service plan that Exede offers from time to time. For specific Fair Access Policy limitations please see the description of the service plan you are receiving.
- 5.4 Prohibition on Resale. Reselling the Service or otherwise making the Service available to anyone outside your residence (e.g. via wi-fi, or any other method), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, or on a bundled or unbundled basis is prohibited. The Service is for personal and non-commercial use only and you agree not to use the Service for operation as an Internet service provider or for any business enterprise or purpose, or as an end-point on a non-Exede local area network or wide area network. In addition, other prohibited activities include connecting multiple computers behind the satellite modem to set up a LAN (Local Area Network) that in any manner would result in a violation of the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy, Fair Access Policy or terms of any other policy or plan, or running programs, equipment, or servers from your residence that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your premises. You may not connect the Exede Equipment to any computer outside of your residence, nor more than the number of computers permitted under Section 4.2.
- 5.5 No Unauthorized Use of Exede Equipment or Software. You are strictly prohibited from servicing, altering, modifying, or tampering with the Exede Equipment, Software or Service or permit any other person to do the same who is not authorized by Exede. You may not copy, distribute, sublicense, decompile or reverse engineer any of the Software.
- 5.6 Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with the Service, your use of the Service and this Agreement.
- 5.7 Security. You agree to take reasonable measures to protect the security of your computer, including maintaining at your cost an up-to-date version of anti-virus and/or firewall software to protect your computer from malicious code, programs or other internal components (such as a computer virus, computer worm, computer time bomb or similar component). You expressly agree that if your computer becomes infected and causes any of the prohibited activities listed in the Acceptable Use Policy, Exede may immediately suspend your Service until such time as your computer is sufficiently protected to prevent further prohibited activities. You will be fully liable for all monthly fees and other charges under this Agreement during any period of suspension. In all cases, you are solely responsible for the security of any device you choose to connect to the Service, including any data stored or shared on that device.
- 5.8 Responsibility of Subscriber. You are responsible for any misuse of the Service, even if the misuse was committed by a friend, family member, or guest with access to your Service account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not use your account to gain unauthorized access to the Service by, for example, strictly maintaining the confidentiality of your Service login and password. You agree to notify us immediately after you sell, give away or otherwise transfer your Exede equipment to anyone else. You are considered the registered recipient of the Services until we receive such notice, and you will be liable for any charges or fees incurred by the use of your Exede Equipment by anyone else up to the time that we receive your notice, unless otherwise provided by applicable law. You may not assign or transfer your Service without our written consent. If you do, we may inactivate your Service. If your Exede Equipment is stolen or otherwise removed from your premises without your authorization you must notify Exede Customer Care Center immediately, or else you will be liable for payment for unauthorized use of the Service or Exede Equipment.
6. Exede Equipment. The terms of sale applicable to the Exede Equipment are governed by your purchase agreement or other documents evidencing such sale and, if applicable, Exede’s limited warranty (available at www.Exede.com/legal/limited_warranty.jsp) and service plan, if any. In addition, Exede Equipment contains software and/or other intellectual property subject to a license agreement(s) (“License Agreement”) provided with the Exede Equipment. Any breach of the License Agreement constitutes a breach of this Agreement.
7. Warranties and Limitations of Liability.
- 7.1 DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER Exede NOR ANY OF Exede’S WHOLESALERS, DEALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS (“Exede’S PARTNERS”) WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO Exede NOR ANY OF Exede’S PARTNERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY MINIMUM UPLOAD OR DOWNLOAD SPEEDS. THE SERVICE IS DISTRIBUTED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEPT THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT APPLY IN STATES WHERE IT IS PROHIBITED. Exede EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR FREE, SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED OR OPERATE AT ANY MINIMUM SPEED. NO ORAL ADVICE OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY Exede OR ANY OF Exede’S PARTNERS SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY; NOR SHALL YOU RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE. BECAUSE Exede PROVIDES SUBSCRIBERS WITH ELECTRONIC ACCESS TO THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THE SERVICE. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF ANY HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, FILES OR DATA RESULTING FROM, OR FROM ANY ATTEMPT TO REMOVE, ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL FEATURE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION IS NOT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU ALSO MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY BY JURISDICTION.
- 7.2 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER Exede NOR ANY OF Exede’S PARTNERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SERVICE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY. WITHOUT IN ANY WAY LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IF FOR ANY REASON, BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, ANY PORTION OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL BE VOIDED, THEN IN SUCH EVENT Exede’S MAXIMUM, SOLE, AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF Exede’S PARTNERS SHALL BE LIMITED TO GENERAL MONEY DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID TO Exede BY YOU FOR SERVICE DURING AND FOR A PERIOD OF TIME COMMENCING UPON THE OCCURRENCE OF SUCH ERROR, DEFECT OR FAILURE AND CEASING UPON THE DISCOVERY OF SUCH, IN WHOLE OR IN PART; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH PERIOD OF TIME EXCEED THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE WHICH SUCH ERROR, DEFECT OR FAILURE IS FIRST DISCOVERED IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- 7.3 Applicability and Exceptions. The foregoing exclusions or limitations of liability apply regardless of any allegation or finding that a remedy failed of its essential purpose, regardless of the form of action or theory of liability (including, without limitation, negligence) and even if Exede or others were advised or aware of the possibility or likelihood of such damages or liability. The foregoing shall not apply in states where such exclusions are prohibited. In addition, these exclusions and limitations do not apply to your purchase of your Exede Equipment, which is governed by your purchase agreement or other documents evidencing such sale and if applicable, Exede’s limited warranty (available at www.Exede.com/legal/limited_warranty.jsp) and service plan, if any.
- 7.4 Service Interruptions. Service may be interrupted from time to time for a variety of reasons. We are not responsible for any interruptions of Service that occur due to acts of God (including weather), power failure or any other cause beyond our reasonable control. However, because we value our subscribers, for an interruption of a significant length of time that is within our reasonable control, upon your request we may provide what we reasonably determine to be a fair and equitable adjustment to your account to make up for the Service interruption. THIS WILL BE YOUR SOLE REMEDY AND OUR SOLE DUTY IN SUCH CASES. You acknowledge and agree that the Service is not intended to be, and should not be used as, your primary or “life-line” telecommunications service.
- 7.5 Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys fees, arising out of or related to any and all use of your account. This includes, without limitation, responsibility for all consequences of your (or that of any user of your account) violation of this Agreement or placement on or over, or retrieval from or through, the Service of any software, file, information, communication or other content and all costs incurred by us in enforcing this Agreement against you.
- 7.6 Third Party Beneficiaries. The provisions of this Section 10 are for the benefit of us and our respective contractors, information or content providers, service providers, licensors, employees and agents; and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly on its own behalf. Other than as expressly stated in this Agreement, this Agreement shall not be deemed to create any rights in third parties.
- 8.1 Limits on Transfers. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, your right to use the Service, or to designate other users of your account, is not transferable and is subject to any limits established by ourselves, or by your credit card company or other billing institution, as applicable.
- 8.2 Applicable Law. This Agreement is made in the State of Colorado. This Agreement and all of the parties respective rights and duties, including, without limitation, claims for violation of state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and any claims in tort shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, in the United States, excluding conflicts of laws provisions. Any such controversy or claim shall be settled exclusively by arbitration, and administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Any such arbitration will be held in Denver, Colorado or the location of the residence where the Exede Equipment was installed. The arbitrator will be an expert in the field of Internet services or other appropriate subject matter of the dispute. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. There shall be no class action arbitration pursuant to this Agreement. Any cause of action brought by you, or by users of your account, with respect to the Service or this Agreement must be instituted within one year after the claim or cause of action has arisen or be barred. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement and it is acknowledged that this is a services contract and not a contract for the sale of goods.
- 8.3 Notices, Disclosures and Other Communications. Where notification by Exede is contemplated by or related to this Agreement, notice may be made by any reasonable means, including, but not limited to, e-mail or publication over the Service. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings relating to or based upon this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You must promptly notify us on any change in your e-mail or postal address by calling Exede Customer Care.
- 8.4 Construction and Delegation. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify the provisions of this Agreement. We may authorize or allow our contractors and other third parties to provide to services necessary or related to making the Service available and to perform obligations and exercise our rights under this Agreement, and we may collect payment on their behalf, if applicable. The provisions of any Sections of this Agreement, which by their nature should continue, shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
- 8.5 Miscellaneous. If any term of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be construed in such a way as to eliminate the offending aspects while still giving as much effect as possible to the intentions of such term. If this cannot be done and the entire term is invalid, illegal or unenforceable and cannot be so repaired, then the term shall be considered to be stricken from this Agreement as if it had not been included from the beginning. In any such case, the balance of this Agreement shall remain in effect in accordance with its remaining terms notwithstanding such invalid, illegal or unenforceable term. We may enforce or decline to enforce any or all of the terms of this Agreement in our sole discretion. In no event shall we be required to explain, comment on, suffer liability for or forfeit any right or discretion based on its enforcement, non-enforcement or consistency of enforcement of these terms. Captions used in this document are for convenience only and shall not be considered a part of this Agreement or be used to construe its terms or meaning.
- 8.6 Assignment Of Account. We may sell, assign, pledge or transfer your account or an interest in your account to a third party without notice to you. In the absence of a notice of such sale or transfer, you must continue to make all required payments to us in accordance with your statement.
Last Updated: 08/08/06
• Fair Access Policy • Consumer Agreement • Business Agreement • Warranty •