Iridium is currently our most popular satellite telephone product and service, offering solid reliable communications (voice & data options) from anywhere with a view of the skies! We offer the latest Iridium 9575 Extreme Satellite Telephone and we also rent out Iridium satellite phones, BGAN Terminals, pagers and more!
Be sure to check out the new Iridium Go that turns your smartphone into a satellite phone for voice and data features! Iridium GO!™ creates the first ever reliable global connection for voice and data communications on your smartphone or up to 5 mobile devices. No worries. No roaming charges. Just connected and in touch wherever you are, whenever you need, with the devices you rely on everyday.
If you work, live or travel in areas outside cellular coverage or in areas with inadequate landline service, Iridium is for you. Eighty-six percent of the world’s landmass and all of its oceans are in areas with inadequate landline service. Iridium service from Global Information Technologies addresses these situations by providing coverage in all ocean areas, air routes and all landmasses – even the North and South Poles.
Standard Voice Services
The Iridium system provides true global voice services by covering areas that cellular and landline do not. Voice services are supported using the Iridium 9505A satellite phone, the newer, smaller Iridium 9555 or the newest and smallest Iridium Extreme satellite phone or the “Connect Inside terminals”. The excellent signal strength provided by the Iridium constellation supports reliable connectivity across wide ranging landscapes and situations.
- Provides truly global, truly mobile voice connection.
- Hearing your family or connecting to your colleagues is as easy as dialing the phone.
Supplementary Voice Services and Advanced Features Adding even more value to our standard services, GIT offers a number of other great features such as those below:
- Call Forwarding
- Call Barring
- A personal mailbox that receives and stores numeric messages, text messages, and voice mail messages.
- Voice mail allows callers to leave a recorded message in your personal mailbox.
- Short Messaging Service (SMS) allows someone to send a 160-character text message directly to the 9500, 9505, and 9505A satellite phones and up to a 1000-character text message directly on the newest Iridium 9555 satellite phone.
Short Messaging Service (SMS) As an Iridium voice subscriber, your phone performs double-duty as a voice communication and messaging device. The Iridium 9505 and 9505A satellite phones can send and receive up to 160 alphanumeric characters in a single message. The Iridium 9555 satellite phones can send and receive up to 1000 alphanumeric characters in a single message. Once you turn your phone on and register with the Iridium satellite network, your new messages will be sent directly to your handset.
- All Iridium handsets – with the exception of the Motorola 9500 – have the ability to send SMS-MO (Mobile Originated) messages, Iridium has a complete SMS service.
- Service Offerings of SMS-MO
- Two-way global text messaging
- Send to and receive from other Iridium subscribers
- Send to and receive from email addresses. Iridium subscribers will be able to receive SMS messages via [email protected], where MSISDN is your personal phone number.
- Send to and receive from cellular subscribers (when available)
- Up to 160 alphanumeric characters per message on the 9500, 9505, or 9505A satellite phones
- Up to 1000 alphanumeric characters per message on the 9555 satellite phone
- Messages will be stored until delivered (up to 8 days)
- Supported on Motorola Iridium 9505, 9505A, and 9555 handsets and 9522A & 9522B L-Band Transceivers
Iridium Voice Products
Here are some of the Iridium Handheld Phones that we offer! If you click on the photos, you will find more information in our secure online store as well as direct purchase links for these and other Iridium products!
Iridium Satellite Phone Systems – Mounted Solutions
If you will be installing satellite phone service in a home or business, then these solutions may be right for you!
Contact us for more information!
Iridium Data via 9505A & 9555 Satellite Phones
Iridium DIRECT INTERNET 3 Software
Direct Internet 3 makes it easier and faster to connect to the Internet using the Iridium 9555 and Iridium 9505A satellite phones, along with the Iridium 9522B L-Band Transceiver (LBT). Direct Internet 3 takes advantage of new data compression, caching and network optimization techniques to enhance Internet connectivity through the Iridium satellite network. Powered by SlipStream(R) SP6.0 with Now! Imaging(TM) compression technology, Direct Internet 3 uses concurrent object delivery functionality to accelerate page download speeds for image-rich websites.
Direct Internet is a service that increases the throughput of email, web and FTP applications over the Iridium network.
Iridium Direct Internet Data Service provides connectivity from a PC, through your Iridium phone, directly to the Internet through dedicated servers at the Iridium gateway. This service utilizes transparent compression, resulting in effective throughput data rates higher than the 2.4 Kbps service that Iridium’s data service operates at. The actual throughput will depend on the content being transferred and the protocol used. (Graphics and images will result in lower overall throughput, text will result in higher overall throughput.)
To use Iridium Direct Internet Data Service, you need a compatible PC or laptop, a data cable, an Iridium phone and an Iridium SIM card. You must also install the Direct Internet 3 software on your computer.
Direct Internet 3 supports the Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and any 64-bit version of the Windows operating system, as well as Mac OS.
How it Works
The Iridium phone appears as an external modem to your PC. By initiating a connection through the Direct Internet software, the phone will dial and initiate a connection with the Iridium gateway through the Iridium satellite constellation.
This connection setup is similar to how a voice call is established, except a data connection is requested and the switch will route the call to the Direct Internet server. Once connected to the Direct Internet server and a session has been established, you are connected to the Internet.
As you are connected to the Internet, Iridium recommends the use of anti-virus, anti-spyware and other Internet security tools.
Contact us for more information on our satellite phones and services!