Force ranging your HughesNet / DirecWay modem allows it to configure itself for the best possible data rates which may improve your upload and download speeds.
1. Open your Internet Browser and enter http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html into the address bar!
2. A page should open that displays “Advanced Configuration” for the HughesNet Modem.
3. Click on installation in the left hand menu, and choose “Force Range” then click “Start” in the box that pops up.
4. The modem will test it’s connection to the satellite and adjust its’ data rates accordingly.
5. When the text in the box says (TX Code 8, Transmitter Ready) you can close the box.
You are now ready to surf!