This information is specifically for our customers who wish to use our services in and around Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands!
We have been offering HughesNet (formerly DirecWay) services to Puerto Rico for over 10 years now, and we recently started offering the newer, faster, Gen5 solutions there as well! We offer HughesNet Consumer, HughesNet Business Internet AND HughesNet VAR Business Internet systems and services in Puerto Rico! If you choose to order HughesNet Consumer or HughesNet Business Internet Equipment and Services from us, please contact us for more information, as THIS PAGE contains the details on how to get setup and online with our HughesNet Gen5 Satellite Internet Systems on our VAR Business Internet platform and service plans only!
NOTE: Our VAR Business Internet equipment cannot be used for Hughes Consumer or Hughes Business Internet services! Hughes Consumer and Hughes Business Internet Systems cannot be used on our VAR platform for service! HughesNet Consumer and Business Internet Systems cannot be self-installed or moved around! Our VAR Business Internet equipment and services can be self-installed and moved around!
HughesNet Gen5 .98m 1-watt Satellite Internet System for our VAR Business Internet Platform (mount shown included in our portable kit):
The HT2000W Satellite Modem / Router features built-in wireless A/C access point and 4-port hub!
The Gen5 Satellite Internet systems offer speeds of 25mbps down x 3mbps up!
HughesNet Gen5 Coverage Areas:
Click here to check out our Hughesnet Gen5 Beam Maps and Coverage Areas to make sure you will be able to get service from us!
Advantages of our HughesNet VAR Business Internet Platform include:
- We can ship our VAR Business Internet Systems directly to our customers! We typically ship these systems to Florida or directly to PR.
- FedEx Ground to Florida is $150 – $200 and can take 3 – 5 business days!
- FedEx Ground to PR is $350 – $450 and can take 2 – 3 weeks!
- FedEx International Priority to PR is $650 – $750 and can take 4 – 5 business days!
- You can choose from one of several equipment packages and configuration based on your needs and location! (.74m, .98m, 1.2m, 1-watt, 3-watt, etc.)
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 1-watt Systems
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 1-watt Portable Kits (contains a flat non-pen mount, 50′ of cable and a DAPT2 signal meter)
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 3-watt Systems
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 3-watt Portable Kits (contains a flat non-pen mount, 50′ of cable and a DAPT2 signal meter)
- You can install the system yourself or pay someone to do it for you!
- We provide installation instructions and videos to assist you with the process and we are here to assist you if you get stuck along the way!
- We have a few people in PR who may be able to assist you with installation if necessary!
- You can use custom mounts and mounting options to install the system however you feel is necessary to achieve reliable signal.
- HughesNet equipment sold and installed under the Consumer and Business Internet platform must be installed per Hughes standards which are very strict!
- You can re-peak, repoint, maintain and repair the system yourself when needed!
- We can help you troubleshoot and repair your own system, even replace parts as needed! (A certified installer is required on the Consumer or Business Internet platforms!)
- You can take the system down, move it around, reinstall it as you please whenever necessary!
- You can take this system down when extreme winds/weather is approaching to prevent damage, then put it back up after the weather passes!
- You can take the system with you and use it anywhere in the Jupiter 2 or Jupiter 1 coverage areas!
- You cannot do that with the Consumer or Business Internet platforms!
- You can use the system full-time, part-time, month-to-month or occasionally! (Some terms, fees, and conditions apply!)
- You can upgrade or downgrade your plan as needed! (Downgrades happen at the beginning of your new billing cycle!)
- You can choose data plans from 35gig per month up to 550gig per month!
- You can suspend the service up to 5 months per year or more often if you choose to pay the $400 contract buy-out fee!
- You can purchase additional full-speed bandwidth when necessary! (It could take 1 – 2 business days to be applied to your account!)
- You can monitor your data usage by logging into the HughesNet modem at http://192.168.0.1
- The HughesNet VAR Business Internet systems and services are supported by Montana Satellite Services! There is no need to contact HughesNet for assistance!
- We offer 24/7 installation related technical support WHEN NECESSARY via phone, email, text, Skype and live online chat!
- We offer billing support Mon – Fri from 8 am – 5 pm CST!
- 3-Year limited replacement warranty on the HT2000W modem and the 1-watt transmitter/LNB assembly! (Some terms and conditions apply!)
- We are often able to transfer some 2-Year contract accounts to a new customer in order to avoid early cancellation fees!
- We will be able to offer HughesNet VoIP soon!
- Static IP’s will be available soon (optional $$)
Things to consider before you choose our HughesNet VAR Business Internet Solutions:
- VAR Packages do not offer discounts, promotions or incentives, such as “free installation” and so on! What you see is what you get!
- VAR Packages are a bit more expensive than similar standard Business Internet plans offered by HughesNet!
- You cannot purchase FAP tokens if you go over your monthly data cap, you must instead contact us to purchase more data at full-speed!
- You must pay a $20 per month suspension fee for every month that your account is suspended!
- You cannot sign up and use HughesNet email accounts with VAR services!
- You must pay your monthly service via credit card auto-debit! (some additional arrangements can be made on a case-by-case basis)
- VAR Packages do not currently offer HughesNet’s VoIP Phone Service, however other VoIP services such as “Basic Talk” and “Magic Jack” seem to work OK!
HughesNet VAR Business Internet Service Plans & Packages:
We offer the following VAR Business Internet service plans! Be sure to check out the data times and amounts of each plan in order to choose the best plan for your needs!
This pricing is subject to change without notice!
HughesNet Gen5 VAR Business Internet Equipment Pricing and Links:
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 1-watt High-Speed Satellite Internet System
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 3-watt High-Speed Satellite Internet System
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 1-watt High-Speed Satellite Internet System – Portable Kit w/ flat non-pen or trimast mount, 50′ of cable and a DAPT2 signal meter!
- HughesNet HT2000W .98m 3-watt High-Speed Satellite Internet System – Portable Kit w/ flat non-pen or trimast mount, 50′ of cable and a DAPT2 signal meter!
- 1.2m 1-watt and 3-watt HughesNet Gen5 system configurations are also available! Contact us for information and availability!
HughesNet Gen5 VAR Business Internet System Assembly, Setup, Pointing & Commissioning:
We recommend that you get your system assembled, setup and pointed before requesting an account in case you have hardware issues or something that prevents you from being able to bring the system online in a timely manner! This information will assist you in the assembly process:
Tools Required for Assembly, Setup, and Commissioning:
- 7/16″ wrench (2 helpful)
- 1/2″ wrench
- 1/2″ deep socket w/ ratchet
- 3mm hex (allen) wrench
- GPS or GPS App
Once you have your system assembled and installed in a flat level area, it’s time to proceed with pointing!
You will need to select the EchoStar 19 (E19) Satellite and enter your latitude and longitude of your antenna location (within 35 feet) in order for it to connect and commission properly!
If you do not have a GPS, we recommend an app like GPS Status for your smartphone, tablet, etc.:
Pointing a HughesNet Gen5 VAR Business Internet Satellite Internet System:
Once you have entered all of the satellite information into the modem, the next page will give you the coordinates for your antenna!
When you have received your SAN and PIN you can run back through the modem’s pointing process and continue on to enter your SAN and PIN, agree to the terms and conditions and bring your system online!
Please be sure to send us your site ID, modem serial number, rate code and date of commissioning once you get your system online! Failure to do so may result in your account being placed on hold until this information is received!
If you have any questions or get stuck in this process, please contact us for information and support!
If you only use your system a few months of the year, you may prefer to pay our $400 contact cancellation fee which will then allow you to suspend it for 5-months, pay the 6th full month of service and then suspend it another 5-months and so on. The 6th full month payment for service is necessary to keep your account active in our system but it certainly beats paying full price for service on the other months that you are not using the system and service!
Cancelling your service:
Some people choose to purchase our equipment and services for a temporary period of time! If you only need your system for a month or few, we will do our best to help you sell your equipment to someone else who can take over your account in order to help you avoid the $400 contact cancellation fee! However, we cannot and will not promise that we will be able to do that for you in the timeframe allowed to avoid the $400 cancellation fee! The $400 early termination fee is charged automatically if and when you cancel your service before the 2-Year agreement is up! If we are unable to collect that $400 payment from you in a timely manner, your modem will be locked and can no longer be used on our network! It is important to know that we are currently unable to reactivate used equipment, so if you wish to be able to bring your system online again in the future, we encourage you to suspend your account rather than canceling it!
If you have any questions about suspending or canceling your account, please contact us !
Be sure to check out our HughesNet Gen5 Support Page for more information and links!
Thank you for choosing Montana Satellite Services! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you!